Monday, January 21, 2013

New Beginnings

I always loved to write when I was in school, becoming a Finance major didn't really allow my creative juices to flow.  I was inspired by my high school teachers to challenge myself and write with intent.  I suppose I will start with some free form writing and see what happens...

Like I said, as a Finance major, it's been a long time since I've written.

I was not only inspired by my teachers in school but also by a few great writers, particularly Kurt Vonnegut. If I could only write satire with such grace I too would be famous I suppose.

It's been a long time since I've read.  I tried to read a nonfiction book recently about the power of habit, but the book tells me what to do to fix the negatives in my life while a good piece of fiction teaches me to laugh at the negatives in my life.  I like my life the way it is.  Mostly.  I don't need a book to tell me what good habits are and how to change them.

What everyone needs is something to be passionate about.  Something that makes them feel accomplished at the end of the day.  Something that makes them feel useful and meaningful, that they are contributing something to the world.

I suppose I'll start with this blog, and see if that works for me.

I have a lot of emotion, but I will try to write eloquently no matter what I'm feeling.

The idea of this blog and this first post is a new beginning, and you have to start someplace.  A new beginning of self-awareness that can only be attained by organizing your thoughts and developing your beliefs on a piece of paper, or on a computer I suppose.  I challenge myself at this moment to spend my days having meaningful conversations that inspire posts about people, work, love, friendship, politics, technology, and life.  I challenge myself at this moment to develop my thoughts, ideas and beliefs about this world, and read more and do more research and have an opinion.  I challenge myself to be more aware, of the world and of the self.

And that is what this blog will be about, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment