Thursday, March 28, 2013

Experiences

Obviously I haven't made it back here for quite a while.  It's been so long that I'm not sure what to write about first.

Living in Florida has been more amazing that I could have ever imagined.  The area is full of people and many things to do.  I can't imagine why this location was not more popular in the past with my co-workers.  I'll get to the job in a later post... but I am continuing to learn.

I've changed immensely in a little over a year of starting the Financial Leadership Program. When I first met one of the girls in my class, I told her how much I wanted to work in Corporate FP&A (Hartford, CT).  Today?  I am ready to explore new territories after my graduation from the program.  I would consider most out of state positions.  My free time is worth a lot and I'd like to spend it seeing different parts of the country and the world.

I believe living in  new places can become quite addicting.  Always new experiences and new areas to explore.  My career is still very important to me and I will always be committed to being great at my job, but I refuse to be stuck in any particular location.  At least not yet.

This is what your 20's is for. Maybe even your 30's.  Some people might live this way their entire lives.  I learn more about myself every day by traveling and making new introductions to new friends.  When you are in the same place it's easy to fall into habits and routines, but when you live somewhere new there is always something new to explore.

In two months I have made great friends with similar interests.  I've explored the swamps of Myakka State Park, discovered trails near my home to run, spent a day out on a boat exploring the gulf coast, traveled to a music festival to see many of my favorite EDM artists perform, joined a kickball league, joined a group who meets for weekly trivia nights.

Everyone, especially at my age and point in my career, NEEDS to live their dreams.  Enjoy almost every second of your life. If you learn to live that way early on, you can sustain it for the rest of your life.  Some people get stuck - they make decisions because they think it's the only choice.  Everything is a choice and the possibilities are endless..

I am living proof so far..

No comments:

Post a Comment